As professionals with scientific background, when giving a talk, you may tend to strongly focus on presenting the facts and results of a project. However, facts are only one aspect of convincing others.
You might also want to convince as a person with sound presentations skills and with appropriate visuals in order to get your scientific content across.
In this workshop you will learn – in various ways – how to increase your personal presentation competence. You will learn how to improve your slide design. You will get hands-on experience both in preparing and conducting your upcoming presentations.
– The three aspects of convincing presentations:
I Create clear content
II Design proper media
III Be convincing on stage
– How to create clarity and how to structure your talk
– How to develop your talk based on a take home message and leading research questions
– How to adapt to a heterogeneous audience
– How to prepare your presentation
– Body language: being convincing on stage
– Visual mastery: Design principles for the design of presentation media
– Tips and tricks creating PowerPoint slides
The workshop includes individual feedback by your peers and trainers, as well as video recording and analysis. You will have several chances to exercise what you have learned.
Seminarzentrum D 2, Room 3, Bergheimer Straße 58, Entrance Fehrentzstraße (Day 1 and 2); Room 1.034 Campus-Bibliothek Bergheim, Bergheimer Straße 58 (Day 3)
Wednesday, 13.11.2019, 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Thursday, 14.11.2019, 09:30 - 17:00 Uhr
Friday, 15.11.2019, 09:00 - 17:00 Uhr
Dr. Matthias Mayer
Matthias Mayer Seminare und Coaching
Number of participants
Max. 10 PersonenFee