Moving to Germany for academic purposes can be an exciting yet daunting task (and your trainer did exactly that a few years ago). Crucially, this workshop focuses specifically on providing you with the skills and knowledge needed to have a smooth start into your new life.
In particular, this workshop places particular emphasis on issues pertaining to intercultural understanding, practical administrative and logistical challenges, the formal regulations of German academia and the unspoken rules mediating its professional and social interactions.
Contents in brief:
- Avoiding the shock of German bureaucracy.
- Enjoying the fantastic opportunities offered by living in Germany.
- Analysing the role played by intercultural issues and using them to one’s own advantage.
- Exploring how to link your German experience to your home country (and to your future).
- Becoming aware of how to go about academic funding, administration and regulations.
- Understanding how to make the most of your experience (academically and socially!)
- Role-play and recreation of real life situations.
- Continuous focus on the link between theory and practice.
- Extensive hands-on, practical exercises.
- Use of intercultural surveys.
- Individual and group feedback.
Seminarzentrum D 2, Room 2, Bergheimer Straße 58, Entrance Fehrentzstraße
Tuesday, 12.11.2019, 09:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Wednesday, 13.11.2019, 09:00 - 16:00 Uhr
Dr. Matteo Garavoglia
Number of participants
Max. 12 PersonenFee