Scientific Writing is an important skill for all academic careers. In order to be effective, research proposals, reports and publications must be informative, precisely formulated and well structured. The writing process includes several different tasks such as developing a proposal, effective dealing with literature, and composing and revising drafts in order to arrive at a final text.
In this course we will focus on the following topics:
- Developing an awareness for the writing process and improving writing fluency
- Suggestions for improving structure
- Developing reading strategies in order to comprehend research articles effectively
- Identifying the characteristics of scientific language
- Peer-review editing and revising of individual texts.
We ask you to actively take part in the course by working on your own writing projects. Please bring along a rough draft of one of your texts (approx. 1–2 pages) for in-class work.
Please note: This is not a language course.
Seminarzentrum D 2, Raum 3, Bergheimer Straße 58, Eingang Fehrentzstraße
Monday, 24.04.2017, 09:00 - 16:30 Uhr
Dr. Sita Schanne
Universität Heidelberg, Abteilung Schlüsselkompetenzen
Number of participants
Max. 12 PersonenFee