Applying for Jobs and Positions in Business and Industry
Having personal initiative and preparing intensively for the application process are absolutely essential for anyone applying for top positions in business and industry. Central elements of this process include sounding out one´s chances on the job market, developing solid application strategies, and carefully preparing a successful self-presentation in initial job interviews, selection interviews or in selection and assessment centers.
The target of this workshop is to help participants steer systematically towards positions that match their individual career aspirations and to show them how to place themselves as closely as possible to the top of applicant ranking lists. Participants will develop targeted application strategies and learn valuable details about selection criteria and various selection procedures used in business and industry.
During the second part of the workshop participants will present themselves as they perform concrete tasks from a selection assessment center under authentic conditions. Detailed feedback will be provided after each performance. By gaining insights into their own strengths and weaknesses, participants will be able to utilise their abilities more effectively in a real situation and thus position themselves better with regard to their competitors.
• Reading job descriptions accurately – classifying the company
• Developing an individual application strategy
• Selection criteria for applicants for positions in business and industry
• Selection and assessment centres: settings, methods, tasks, and assessment criteria
• Effective preparation: the essential components
• Testing one´s own performance in concrete AC tasks
• Detailed feedback on one´s own performance
Seminarzentrum D 2, Room 3, Bergheimer Straße 58, Entrance Fehrentzstraße
Tuesday, 26.11.2019, 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Wednesday, 27.11.2019, 09:00 - 17:00 Uhr
Number of participants
Max. 12 PersonenFee