Many doctoral students wish to pursue their academic or extra-academic career in a foreign country. Especially in academia, the language of the application process will usually be English. This workshop treats all relevant aspects of the application process.
Learning objectives are:
• how to write a good covering letter in English,
• learning about the differences between a German and an English CV and producing an own CV in English,
• learning how to deal with difficult interview questions through role-plays in English.
The content of the seminar comprises the following five modules:
1. What are your strengths and weaknesses? How are these perceived by others?
2. What makes a good covering letter? What should you include and what not?
3. The differences between the German and the English CV - what is permitted and what is forbidden?
4. The psychology of job applications.
5. Typical interview questions and how to answer them.
Please bring along your laptop with an English CV (and covering letter, if required).
Seminarzentrum D 2, Raum 1, Bergheimer Straße 58, Eingang Fehrentzstraße
Monday, 27.11.2017, 09:00 - 17:00 Uhr
Tuesday, 28.11.2017, 09:00 - 17:00 Uhr
Freiberuflicher Trainer und Übersetzer, Berlin (Freelance Trainer and Translator, Berlin)
Number of participants
Max. 12 PersonenFee